Wednesday 23 April 2014

Singapore oh Singapore

Finally, I've decided to do blogging! Lets start with our neighbour country, Singapore. Can't believe that I've been travelling to many places around the world but this is my first time to Singapore! And its for not for holiday just a job interview. I guess I would not have come if its not because of this damn 3 hours interview! Why I never been to Singapore? well here some lame 'excuses/reason'

  • Singapore is pretty much KL, in fact its just clean version of KL - WRONG
  • The food is same - I must say similar but not same
  • Everything cost the boom! - Don't convert to RM, their inflation is much better than Klang Valley, I had lunch at Mall food court in Novena (duck rice with chicken ) for SGD 5, with RM5 I don't think you can get decent meal in Klang Valley.
Like we all know, public transport in Singapore is very efficient , you really don't need to own a car over here. Even its my first time but I manage to find the interview place easily with signboard and ask some locals. Its funny that the locals don't really know the name of the road, its the foreigner that guided me to Sultan street last night lol! I could understand because sometimes I know the place but I don't know the name.

Let's start with the airport. My friend from UK once told me that Changi airport is the best, but I keep saying Hong Kong airport is the best. He was right! Changi is the best airport I ever been. The sign board to the train station is very easy to follow. So from Changi I took the train to Novena, cost me SGD 2.5 (I must say its very cheap). You must change the train in Tanah Merah station, its pretty easy.

I arrived at Novena, but its still early for my interview so I had lunch at Velocity Mall food court, food cost SGD 5, drink SGD 1 after that headed to Starbucks for my usual after meal Americano SGD 6. The interview took 3 hours! I was planning to explore the city after the interview but was too tired. So  I went straight to hotel in Bugis. Oh yeah, the MRT card you can just top up according to your destination fare up to 6 times, just place the card to the machine and follow instruction.

I've booked The Pod Boutique Capsule Hotel, address 289 Beach Road Level 3 via www.agoda.com, great deal with my Agoda rewards points (Thank you Agoda). When I arrived at Bugis Station I asked few locals for direction (not sure if they are locals), but none of them know where is the Beach Road. So I use GPS from my phone (data roaming cost RM38 per day, thank you Maxis). The hotel actually very near to the MRT station but damn GPS make me walk for more than 1 hour! The moral of the story , don't trust the machine, get the real old fashion map!

Luckily the hotel is very nice! The hotel owner place the aromatherapy burner on every corner, so its smell like you in the spa somewhere in Thailand. The room comes with buffet breakfast, nespresso coffee, wifi, 1 item dry cleaning per night stay, washing machine and dryer, local calls and use of computers. If you don't mind staying in dorm/capsule kind of place, I highly recommended this place, besides its nearby all those 'nice looking' restaurants and its kind of tourist spot.

 
The key card, you must use this to enter the building, dorm and to open you locker.
 
 

The female 'side entrance' capsule, there's option between side and front, I prefer side. There's female dorm and mix dorm, but no male only. The dorm was air conditioned and towel provided, bed and pillow was very comfy. If you need some privacy, you can pull the blind curtain, I didn't use that , I feel like I can't breath.

 
Each capsule comes with individual hanger, light, plug port, locker, and open up table.
 


 
The toilet was very clean and smell like spa as well, shower cream, shampoo provided, hand soap, and hair dryer provided. Unfortunately this is mix gender toilet, I don't really mind.   
 
There's only 1 thing that's I'm looking forward to for this trip, apart from my interview. Nope, not Universal Studio but Sup Tulang Merah! This bloody looking soup is very famous in Singapore, the shop name is Ma Deen , located in Sultan Street, only 500 m from the hotel.
 
 
Look at those yummilicous , cholesterol goodness mutton bones. This is the smallest portion. Its really finger licking good!
 
 
You may order some breads to dip into the soup.
 
 
I'm very greedy when I wanted to try mee goring as well, its taste good but I prefer the one I had in Penang.
 
Overall this trip has changed my perception about Singapore, Singapore is Singapore, its not petty much KL or Penang or mini Hong Kong. It was very very short trip so I don't have chances to visit Orchard road, Universal Studio, Marina Bay, etc, but its good, that's mean definitely I have to come back for more, see you again Singapore!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment